Sunday, January 1, 2012

Push it, Push it good

So for the past couple days I have been working out again. I have been working out for myself, for my future wedding, and for my future, so basically no time like the present to get back into shape.

The first workout that I did was "The 100 Workout." I saw it on pinterest, here is the LINK for the workout, but I am going to list it below.

The 100 Workout:
100 Jumping Jacks
90 Crunches
80 Squats
70 Leg Lifts
60 Jumping Jacks
50 Crunches
40 Squats
30 Leg Lifts
20 Jumping Jacks
Run for 10 minutes

This thing kicked my butt. I finished the 50 crunches and sat there for a second because I felt terrible. Then I got up, went to the bathroom, and was ill. It was unpleasant to say the least. My response to myself was, "You're a wimp!" Don't worry I stopped after I got sick, but it is all a mentality. I could have walked away from that workout and whined that "it was too hard," and "it would be hard for anyone." Well forget that. I am not worried about anyone else. I am concerned with myself. 

Day 2 of working out involved a workout video I have had for a while called "10 Days to a Better Body." Trust me, this video won't change your life, but it does include good basics and timing. Sometimes it is easy for me to work out with a video because, while I may know the moves, I openly struggle with timing. How long am suppose to do this? Did I do it too long? Can I be done with it yet? So when I workout with a video, I stay on track! Yay for me.

In the video I did arms and brief bursts of cardio. I only did half the video because my fiance came home from work for lunch. No, not shame on me. Life happens. What do you do when it does? I waited until he left and then went out for a 2ish mile walk/run. It is good for you, and it helped make me feel more well-rounded. Plus, I love to run, but I don't like the cold. 

This means that I am admitting to you that I use the cold weather as a crutch not to workout during the cold months. Now shame on me. Well not anymore!

Today I am going to complete my 25 minutes Pilates abs workout. This is going to stretch out my body, which I need big time, and work my abs. This is important because getting into shape means working everything, not just one area that we want to look better.  Then after that I am going to do some cardio. I hoop dance, but when I got lazy, I stopped hooping. It is time to get back into it and recharge. Today is going to be a light workout day because the other two days were more intense. I've earned it :).


This is my cheering section this morning. They love that box.

Oh, one more thing, I also plan to go on a 2 mile walk with the fiance today. They say that walking is really, really good for you. Let's do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment