Wednesday, January 4, 2012

JM 30 Day Shred and BodyRock - Day 2

Food log for today


Breakfast - 9:30
banana


Lunch - 11:30
1/4 cup of grilled chicken slices reheated in a skillet
Taco Bell seasoning powder
1/3 green bell pepper and 1 jalapeno cooked in 2 Tablespoons of Hot Salsa
1/4 cup of cheese (I love cheese too much)
8-10 black olives
2 tortilla shells


6-7 tortilla chips
2 tablespoons peach salsa


Dinner - 6:30
Broccoli Cheddar Soup – Panera Style (SO FREAKIN' GOOD! Don't worry I'll post the recipe later).
Irish Tater Bread bowl (Again, the recipe is a must!)


Dessert - 6:50
2 chocolate, nut, banana bites


I did the food first this time because I forgot about it last time, and I always wonder what people eat when they are living a more healthy lifestyle. Don't worry I won't be posting what I eat forever, just what I eat during this 30 day challenge. I'm hoping that it will keep me on track and accountable.


Alright on to the BodyRock review and scores.


I was dragging butt today. 
I didn't want to workout. 
I wanted to sit on the couch and surf the internet. But I did. I made myself. I kept thinking about how I am UNHAPPY about the way that I look, and I have to be the one to change it.


First off, I want to say that I don't enjoy that they post their videos so late at night. The videos are posted around 7:30pm. I find this frustrating because the last thing I want to do is work my body out hard, use areas of my body that I haven't for a while, and get a good burn going, only to fall asleep a few hours later and wake up unable to move. When a more intense workout is done at the beginning of the day, then the rest of the day is a nice way to stretch out, use your body, and make sure that it doesn't tighten up too bad. 


Other then the timing, Day 2 was great! And to fix the timing issue, I did the pervious day's BodyRock in the morning and then the Shred at night. It works for me; I sweat!!!


Go HERE if you want to give it a try!


Here are my scores for today:
Todays Workout is only 12 Minutes – 12 rounds of 50/10 (For those of you that need an interval timer to complete the exercises, I downloaded mine on itunes for $1, instead of buying one for $20)


10 x High Knees & 10 x Mountain Climbers - 4 and a half 
2 x Squat Jumps & 2 x Push-ups & 1 x Tuck Jumps - 4
Center to Elbow Jump (L&R) & 2 x leg jumps - 4
Tuck Jumps x 5 & ½ Burpee & squat hold x 5 - 1  <----------I was only able to do 1 set!
Clean & Press & Squat & Press & Push Up - 4
Switch Lunge & Press - 19 (I used hand weights because I don't have a sandbag)
Spider Knee Push up & Straight Leg Push Up (L&R) - 3
Side Lunge x 2 & L & R Side Punch  & 2 Tuck Jumps - 3
10 x Squat & 10 x Squat Jumps - 1
Elbow to Knee jumps 10 x each side - 2
Wide leg jumps & Push up - 6
Speed run (whole 50 seconds, giving it my all, CHECK!)


This was intense today! I was grunting, sweating, and out of breathe. Changing isn't easy. I know that I will have to fight for every inch and for every change that I want to see. 


BR did it's job; a really good job. And it was only a 12 minute workout!


That is what I had to keep telling myself. It's only 12 minutes. It's only 12 minutes. Because seriously, I did not want to do it today. It sucked at the time, but hours later I felt energized, and most importantly, I could look myself in the mirror. I didn't punk out.


I would say that the hardest set was anything that had a tuck jump. I hate tuck jumps. I hate, hate, hate, hate them! They are the worst. 


Second hardest were the spider push ups. Oh my goodness. I don't know if it's because the move is really hard, or if it's because my arms are so weak but it's tough. I'm being honest when I tell you that my arms are probably that most out of shape part on my body.


The one that felt the best was the Wide leg jumps & Push up set. I felt and worked for all six. I can still feel it in my arms.


This concludes the end of BR Day 2 review.


On to Day 2 of the 30 Day Shred.


To begin with, and to continue the theme of this post, I did not want to workout today. I did not, not, not! But, I did!


My body was more sore today, so it made the 20 minutes a little more grueling. I also tried harder today because I knew how to pace myself and what to expect. I feel good. The 3 minutes of strength training felt good, so did the 2 minutes of cardio, and the minute of abs was good. I was struggling towards that end and saying some unpleasant words, but I powered through. :)

1 comment: