Sunday, January 8, 2012

JM 30 Day Shred and BodyRock - Day 5

Today, after my day of rest, I feel wonderful!

I did the Bodyrock 400 rep challenge.

Think you can handle it? Here you GO.

75 high knees. 25 reverse elevated sit up thingys. Do 4 times (that equals 400). :)
I finished it in 11 minutes. I feel great about it.

A couple hours after I kicked major hinny, I did Day 5 of the 30 Day Shred. I felt energized. I felt tough. I felt like freakin' Wonder Woman. Growl!

It was easily the best that I have done so far. I stopped for less then 5 seconds twice and pushed through it like a beast. I completed most of the moves in their advance form. Full version butt kicks. Lower, deeper squats. More push ups. Double time jumping jacks. I worked up a sweat and felt great about it.

My big brother, Jake, pointed out/recommended that taking a break is good for the body and keeps it from burning out. If I had known how a break would make me feel, I would have felt less guilty about taking one. This makes me look forward to Wednesday. :) 2 break days a week. That's what he said.

Maybe it all psychological, but when I looked in the mirror today, I thought I looked a little different. Maybe it's real. Maybe it's not. I don't care. It is nice to feel better about myself.

Perspective. 


FOOD

Breakfast 9:30
a cup of chocolate milk :)
an almond crunch bar

Lunch 1:00
5 chicken nuggets
chips and salsa
a kiwi

Dinner 5:00
Half a chicken breast
stuffing
green beans
2 cookies

After Dinner snack 9:36
a cup of chocolate milk

4 comments:

  1. We are SO STINKIN PROUD of you. I know it's tough (and honestly your numbers are making me a bit intimidated, LOL). My challenge starts next Monday, so I had to find my bikini today so I could get ready for my "before" pic. I'm so excited to see your results! You're kicking ass and taking names, Miss Sammy Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm a friend of Jen's and I'm super excited to follow along on your weight loss journey! I just worked off 110 pounds myself so I know how rough and rewarding it can be :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found my way here via your sis-in-laws blog. I love reading about your weight loss journey. I have also started my own journey and I can relate to what you are feeling/going through. Thanks for writing the blog, it will keep me motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thanks for the support new friends. I appreciate the comments. It is stuff like this that makes me day. Seriously. I love getting comments. Megan your pictures are very inspiring. You did an amazing job. And "me" I am glad that it is motivating. I am just trying to be honest about the journey. This rocks. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete