Monday, January 2, 2012

BR Day 1 - Fit Test

I am 22 years old. I weigh 150 pounds. I am too sedentary.

~*~
sedentary |ˈsednˌterē|

adjective

(of a persontending to spend much time seated; somewhat inactive.
(of work or a way of life) characterized by much sitting and littlephysical exercise.(of a position) sitting; seated.
Yea, well that is me, or as I like to call it, lazy! And I am lazy.
However, I have decided to change all of that. Today is my third day working out, and my first day of commitment to something more. The Bodyrock 30 fit challenge is just the beginning for me. I will NOT stop after the 30 days. 
Without anymore delay here are my scores:
Squat Jump ~ 20
Push Ups ~ 11
Burpees ~ 11
High Knees ~ 70
Switch Lunges ~ 16
Tuck Jumps ~ 11
Straight Abs ~ 14

Here is the site and video BODYROCK FIT TEST.
Review of the Fit Test
First off, I enjoyed that Lisa-Marie used standard exercises like push ups, high knees, and straight abs (sit ups) because most of us have done those in a PE class. I remember doing them in class, and I always thought they were so easy; I felt sorry for the kids that struggled with them. Well, now I am struggling with them; go figure. 
I also enjoyed the more intense moves like the burpees, switch lunges, and tuck jumps. OMG I hate despise can't stand have a difficult time with tuck jumps! But I did them, and I cursed Lisa-Marie that whole time. :)
She says in the video to stay with it, and makes a good point when she points out that the moves that people are struggling with now, will become easier as they do the workouts. I would like to point out that the moves will become easier but not easy. Never easy, and if the moves are easy, then you are not pushing yourself hard enough. 
To be honest, the move that I struggled with the most was the push ups. Isn't that sad? I feel like it is sad, but it is probably a clear sign of why my arms are so thick. My fiance doesn't like the word fat because it is so negative, so I will say that they are thick or chubby. My arms were shaking (and if you look at my number, I only did 11). It makes me sad, but it also makes me excited because it is a definite area to improve. I am excited to watch the chub turn into lean muscle. I am excited to watch the pictures of me get smaller and smaller. :)
Isn't that how it should be? Exciting?
30 days. I am making a 30 day commitment to be better. I don't want a month to go by and complain, and pout around the apartment, when I could have already done something. 
Overall, I enjoyed the Fit Test and can't wait for tomorrow or for my JM 30 Day Shred to finally get here. Better body here I come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment