Thursday, January 5, 2012

JM 30 Day Shred and BodyRock - Day 3


For day 3 of Bodyrock, please go HERE

Lisa has been encouraging people to have a workout word for the day. A word that will motivate and inspire. My word today is ARMS. It is the word that will remind me how my arms looked in the wedding dresses that I tried on, and how yucky I thought they looked. I want them to look better and be stronger. My arms also inspire me because they are the weakest part of my body, and I need to become stronger so that will change. Brilliant.  :)

Lisa’s 12 Minute Cardio, Core & Resistance Workout.
Here are my scores:
Set your interval timer for 12 Rounds of 50/10.
1. Superman Push-ups - 12
2. Elevated Push-up’s & L&R knee to elbow touch with the Swiss Ball (Swiss Ball optional) - 5
3. Squat & Press with the Pink Sandbag (10lb hand weights) - 12
4. Ugi Clean & Press (again, I used my hand weights) + Jump Forward + 3 x Squat Jumps - 5
5. Reverse Pull-Ups on Dip Station (with no dip station do push ups) - 14
6. Side Jump Burpee + 2 knee to elbow Oblique Abs + Tuck Jump Centre (Alternate Sides) - 4
7. Forward Lunge + Side Lunge + Knee Lift. (Alternate Legs) - 6
8. Ugi Ball Push-up (I don't have an Ugi Ball, so I did push ups with my hands place chest width apart) & Burpee + Sumo L&R Knee Touch - 5
9. Tricep Dip + Kickout V Abs with the Dip Station (The modified version is to use the couch to dip down and bring one knee up to the body at a time while elevated) - 4
10. Overhead Abs with the Pink Sandbag (I used 5lb weights) - 10
11. Sandbag Shoulder Lift + Squat + Switch Shoulder Press with the Pink Sandbag (modified version is just straight squat jumps. Boo! - 12
12. Speed Run - whole 50 seconds at full speed. Yea baby!

Lisa is crazy! She makes up these crazy, intense, really hard 12 minute exercises. I fight for every second during the 50 second intervals and all 10 seconds of the rest period. Also, squats are beginning to hurt. I feel sore when I do a few, and then they start to burn, and then the pain begins to set it. I am trying to be smart by going slow and constantly making sure that my stance is correct, but ouchy, they hurt.

I need to look up a good way to stretch after a hard thigh workout.


30 Day Shred - Day 3

I haven't made it through the video yet without having to take a break, but today was the closest that I have come to going straight through. EVERY single time I do circuit three side lunges with the weight press I about die. It hurts, and I fight for every inch of the move, but I can't make it through. It is hard. 

But hey, I am getting better and stronger. That is what I wanted. I can't wait to see what I look like in 30 days.  :)

Alright onto the food log. Just to warn you, I was a little weak today. Not terrible, but not good either.

Breakfast - 9:00am
An orange :) num num num.

Lunch - 12:00
leftover John's Muesetta 
1/4 serving of broccoli carrot soup
1/4 Irish Tatar Bread Bowl

Snack
a cookie :)

Dinner - 5:00 pm
1/2 a chicken small chicken breast
1/3 green bell pepper
1 jalapeno 
1 tablespoon of garlic parmesan cheese
2 tortilla shells

6 tortilla chips
1 tablespoon of peach salsa

I was weak and drank bottle of welch's strawberry soda which is 300 calories!!! OUCH! :(


Snack
Kiwi. Man I love kiwi!


No comments:

Post a Comment