Friday, January 6, 2012

JM 30 Day Shred and BodyRock - Day 4


Did I mention that before I started the 30 Day Shred and Bodyrock that I was trying to get in shape to do the workouts? Well I was. Three days prior to the 30 Day Shred arriving from Amazon, I was hooping, running walk/jogging, and I tried to do the 100 workout. So while this is Day 4 of the Shred and Bodyrock, it is my seventh day straight working out. Day 7. 


Day 7 and while I am patting myself on the back, I am also wondering, "When is my break day?" I do feel pressure to lose the weight, to get results, and to make a change, but, sheesh, I am starting to lose my momentum. 


Oh, and to add insult to everything else...I haven't lost a single pound. It's true. Nothing. Not a single freaking pound. *sigh* This makes me feel like I don't deserve a break. That I haven't worked hard enough. That I haven't eaten healthy enough. It is so FRUSTRATING!


I have been trying really hard. I have. I hope that this is just my body adjusting still. That I am on my way. I have to admit that I am scared that after all of this effort that my body isn't going to change at all. It is scary and disheartening that this isn't enough to change me. 


:( :( :( :(


Bodyrock review Day 4
My inspirational word for today is PROMISE. I made a promise to myself that I would do the 30 Day Shred everyday and would make the change in my body that I wish to see. A promise to keep pushing forward. I have awesome support from my fiance, my father, and my sister in law over at lifecrafts&whatever. The support has been a big difference! I also made a promise to myself to blog everyday about my workouts. I hope am going to keep this up!

Want to watch or try the workout for yourself? Go HERE.


Workout Breakdown: Same intervals as always 50/10
4 workouts. Do 1, 2, 3, 4 and repeat 2 more times. This makes it the same 12 minutes as the others.
1. Burpees + Push-up
Round 1 - 8
Round 2 - 9
Round 3 - 2
2. Reverse Pull Ups using the Dip Station
Round 1 - 17
Round 2 - 14
Round 3 - 3
3. Triple Plank Jumps
Round 1 - 6
Round 2 - 3
Round 3 - 1
4. High Knees using the Dip Station
Round 1 - 10
Round 2 - 7
Round 3 - 4
By round three I was losing it. The reason that there are 4 different workouts instead of 12 is because people were whining that Lisa's workouts were too complex. Whatever. They were not. They were awesome and having 12 workouts made the 12 minutes speed by. It was challenging and energizing. I hated the workout today. Literally hated it. Doing the same workout over and over again made the 12 minutes seem like 40 minutes. I hope that the next workout session is better. 

The 30 Day Shred review Day 4
We had a date night tonight and with that date night came fast food and a later night out. I didn't want to.  Trust me, I know this is becoming a pattern. I pushed through. I am waiting for it to get easy, but I know that it won't. I am being a downer baby. I know I am. I guess I am just trying to be honest. I don't want to just say, "well, it's getting tough. Oh well." Because that is not honest, and if this is going to inspire someone (which I hope it does) I want YOU to know that I agree with all the doubts and the reasons to stop. It sucks, but You have to keep going. One day soon I will post about it and tell you how good the workout felt and how excited I am that I am completing level 1 at the intermediate pace. Have faith!
Food Log
Breakfast - 10:30am
1/2 grapefruit
2 teaspoons of sugar

Lunch 12:30
bowl full of salad - half spinach, half lettuce, carrots, croutons, 4 black olives, caesar dressing
a grilled cheese sandwich :) YUMMY!

Dinner 6:30pm
Buffalo Wild Wings (I am a bad, bad girl. It was date night? I'm sorry)
6 Garlic parmesan flats
a basket of fries
Yea, life is good.


1 comment:

  1. First, that shirt looks awesome on you!

    I know it's frustrating. But this is the time when it's so easy to say "Screw it, it's not working". But that's when changes happen. I'm not to lie, I love love love reading about your journey. Mine starts in a week, and it's so motivating for me to hop back on that bandwagon when I read your blog. It's awesome that you post about the realities of it. Not wanting to do it, those "bad" meals. Cause that's what we're all going to go thru. If it was "Oh, I worked out once and ate chocolate cake all day and dropped 16 lbs" then we'd all be super thin, fit supermodels. But you have to work for it, and YOU ARE. Every single day you're making better choices. Every workout you do is making your body tighter, fitter and leaner. Every good food choice you make is a chance that you succeeded when you could have curled up on the couch with a bag of donuts and a soda. I'm PROUD OF YOU.

    When I did my workout challenge, I only lost 2 lbs by the end of it. But I could SEE a huge change. So it's not all about the number on the scale. Have you been taking your measurements? When I wasn't seeing a change on the scale, I'd get frustrated. But I'd do my measurements once a week, and seeing that I lost half an inch on my waist was a great feeling.

    Keep rockin' in, dear sister of mine. It'll all be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete