Tuesday, January 3, 2012

JM 30 Day Shred - Day 1

I just finished Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, and oh my goodness. I am sweaty and shaking. 


About Day 1 (20 minute workout)


Be aware (and I think this is one of the most important things Jillian said) 


"You don't get to take breaks in a 20 minute workout. Push through if you want results. Pushing through the burn and the pain is the fastest way to get the body to change."


I am on level one of the DVD, and there are three levels in it. She combines strength training, cardio, and abs to give a great workout. The video began with a warm up and ended with deep stretches. 


To begin with, level one is not working out with Jillian. It is listening to Jillian talk while her two friends workout with you. I did like that one person showed the low impact version and one friend showed the high impact, more intense version. Basically what that tells me, is that I should not move on from level one until I can complete the DVD at least two times doing the intense version because at that point I have taken the moves, learned them, and benefited from them.


For strength training, she includes a variety of moves. The best part was that you do arms and legs at the same time. What? Yea, that's right. The same time! It felt terrible and wonderful. It hurt burned. But then again, it is suppose to. If it didn't burn, then I wasn't working hard enough.


She does a plethora of different moves for the 2 minutes of cardio, and what I liked best was that you do 30 seconds on one cardio and then switch to a different move. So, in each 2 minutes you are doing two different moves, but every 30 seconds you get to switch. I appreciated it because it made the moves easier to complete mentally. 


Last but not least, I did abs. She does 1 minute of abs. I did a variety of abs workouts. I enjoyed the abs because I had to push myself hard and it felt good. 


The endorphins are pumping, and I am loving it. I am sure that tomorrow I will be sore, and it will be more difficult to complete the workout, but I am ready for it. I am ready for the change.


I forgot to post this with the original post, so I am adding it in.
Food log for today!


Breakfast - :( nothing. I woke up later than usual and needed to get ready. This is obviously bad, bad, bad for the body!


Pre Lunch precaution - 11:30
(I was going out to lunch with my best friend Jessica, and I didn't want to overeat, so I ate before I left.)
1 pizza muffin
1 bottle of water
1 chocolate, nut, banana bite.

Actual Lunch - 12:30
Wendy's
Crispy Chicken Sandwich
value fry
value drink (coke) and a half cup refill

Dinner - 6:30
John's Musetta (Small portion size)
It contains - shell noodles, ground beef, velveta cheese, minced garlic, mushrooms, onion, chopped tomatoes, and tomato paste.
Bottle of water

After Dinner snack - 8:30
10 pretzels from J.D.'s bowl of pretzel sticks
1 chocolate, nut, banana bite

Late night snack (cause we were up really late) :(
1 pizza muffin
half a bottle of water

No comments:

Post a Comment