Monday, January 2, 2012

Sweet, Fresh Banana Bites



I had a little bit of a sweet tooth today. It is hard to eat healthy. I mean I understand that anything worth doing isn't easy, but I am still adjusting. I want to set myself up for success and not failure. So small treats here and there like the apple chips.

To make these, you will need chocolate, bananas, nuts, and mini cupcake liners. Chop up the bananas into 1 inch pieces and freeze. This will probably take a couple of hours. When the bananas are frozen, melt the chocolate. Dip the banana pieces into the chocolate, dip them into the nuts, and place them into the mini cupcake liners and put them back into the freeze so they get all cold and yummy again.

They empty circles are the places where I ate some; the bananas
were a little green on the outside, which gives them the best flavor!





To die for! So yummy!! 

I made half completely covered in chocolate, but then, after trying one, I decided there was too much chocolate. So I put the other half in the liners, put a dollop a chocolate on top, and then sprinkled the nuts on top of that. It was a good moderation. Make it however you want. Just remember that it is all about control. I use the one for each hand rule :). Self control people, self control. 


No comments:

Post a Comment