Friday, December 30, 2011

Did you hear that? It was my apple chips

Tonight I made a delicious treat, Apple Chips! It was a sweet, healthy treat! Yum, yum, yum, yum. :) Anyone who has a sweet tooth and has trouble staying on a diet would enjoy these. Anyone who is trying to give their kids a healthy snack, this is it!!! And they are so easy to make.

Here is the how to:

Ingredients:

2 apples 
(I used Red Delicious)
cinnamon powder and sugar 
(you can use whatever sort of mixture that you want;
I used 1/3 cup of sugar and less than a 1/4 cup or cinnamon)

That's it! 

Now how to do it. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.

Slice the apples very, very thin. It is hard. You can see that I had some
trouble with it. But they still turned out great. Also, you can core the
apple to avoid the seeds if you want, but I think that the star center
gives them a little something extra.


Next, I held a slice of apple, one at a time, over the bowl of cinnamon sugar
mixture and used a spoon to sprinkle it on top of the apple. I covered both sides
 of the apple slices. It gives it a better crunch, and I like a nice crunch.

OMG! How good does this look?






You can use lemon juice here to prevent the slices from discoloring. I didn’t need to do that because the chips turn brown with cinnamon and the baking anyways.

Bake them for about 2 hours till they’re dry and crispIf you can resist eating them all, store in an airtight container. 

No comments:

Post a Comment