Monday, December 26, 2011

Three Cheese Eggplant

Oh my goodness. Over the holidays I encountered the most delicious new recipe. While my fiance and I were celebrating Christmas with his family, his sister cooked three cheese eggplant. First off I have to admit that I am not the biggest fan of vegetables. I know that they are good for me, but they just aren't as good as a cheeseburger or an all meat pizza. I like bad food, what can I say? Anyway, she made this dish, and it was the star of all the food. I made it for Christmas Eve dinner, and my tummy was super happy. This made me want to share the recipe with everyone else. So here it is.

These are the recipe cards that I designed on my silhouette; aren't they awesome?




Obviously, the olive oil is not very healthy, so something that you could do is use extra virgin olive oil.


Look at how bright and beautiful these veggies look! I always tweak recipes, and a minor adjustment that I made was to chop up two garlic cloves and garlic press two cloves. I enjoy a strong garlic flavor; it was the perfect little extra. I also used cherry tomatoes. They were cheaper, brighter, and easier to cut up. Just a quick chop, chop, and they were ready to go!


So gorgeous!


And into the pan it goes.


I only used two types of cheeses. I used parmesan and mozzarella cheese. I also used the Aldi's brand spaghetti sauce because it has a better flavor than Prego. Don't you think the cheese sealed it quiet nicely.


Tweety and Sylvester were my little kitchen helpers. Aren't they sweet?


The finished product! It tasted soooooo yummy!!!!


Would you believe me if I told you that it is only 250 calories per serving? Well, it is. And I believe because it has all that veggie goodness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment