Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Guest Gifts

I have been searching and researching for what an appropriate and cost friendly guest gift would be and this is what I have come up with so far.


The leaf cookie cutter is my favorite so far. I found a lady on Etsy who was very sweet and said that as long as the order was big enough that instead of selling them for $2.50 a piece, she would sell them for $1 a piece. I am thinking that the guest would range from 40-70 people. So it would be cute and practical. I don't want to give something that screams WEDDING, and I don't want it to be something that people at going to throw away when they get home. This is why cookie cutter seemed like a nice idea. It was defiantly better then some of the other things that I found.



I think that the castle are cool, but I think that they might be a bit too much. I am trying not to go overboard. But I thought that they were cute nonetheless.



I love bird decor. I love, love, love it! Seriously!!! These would serve a purpose as decoration, blend in nicely with the theme, and be awesome take home gifts. They are really stinking expensive though. Ouch!


I thought that the "Dreams really do come true"stamped paper was classy, and I also thought that they would make cute bookmarks. Let's be serious. J.D. and I are both English majors, so a bookmark as a gift would represent both of us, but again, I think that the fairy tale theme would be taken too over the top by this.



The cookies themselves would be too expensive, but what a cute idea! And could you imagine eating the tuxes? Everyone's teeth would be black. That is not very attractive.


And then finally, I saw these and thought awe. That is a nice way to give a wedding themed gift without being obnoxious. They are mint tins, so there would be a purpose beyond just, "Here, have this thing that you will throw away immediately when you get home." It will be thrown away after the mints are gone :)

This is why the leaf cookie cutters are my favorite so far. Also, did I mention that it will be a fall wedding? If not, that is another reason why these would be perfect.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Our wedding favor was a small glass jar with M&M's in our wedding colors. But yes, I'm sure it got tossed as soon as the candy was eaten.

    I love the bird cages, but yowzas, those are pricey. I dig the cookie cutters. :)

    ReplyDelete