Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Running

I ran 3 miles today in 30 minutes. Running has always been something that I enjoy; I just don't like hot or cold weather. Then when it is nice outside, I would rather hula hoop. Man I enjoy hula hooping.

My plan is to keep stretching today, and then do level 1 and 2 of the Shred tomorrow.

I rocked out to the Goo Goo Dolls on my Ipod today while I was running, and it was freeing. There was a guy running on one of the treadmills when I got to the multipurpose building on campus. He had a weight vest on and was walk-running. The sweat was literally pouring off of his forehead. When I began to run, he looked at me like I wouldn't last because I started out running pretty fast. I have to admit that when I run, I love to feel a strong burn. With most workout videos the hosts encourage the viewer to "feel the burn" and "don't stop 'til it hurts." And don't get me wrong, I do that, but my heart isn't in it. I push, but I don't push until my muscles shake.

When I run, I want my calves to ache and burn. I love pushing through the burn and telling my body to shut the hell up. I enjoy that horrible split feeling in my shins when I have completed a hard run. The feeling of my feet hitting down on whatever surface creates a soothing rhyme. Everything about it feels wonderful. And then when I am done, the sick, hot feel of sweat pooling on my spine and clinging to my shirt is a feverishly good feeling. Oh! I can't forget the cold smack of the air on my skin when I walk outside of a hot building. My skin practically sizzles and sets off steam.

I feel so good. :)

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I'm totally jealous that you can run. I can't. It's a combination of a bad knee and laziness. I told Jake that if I'm ever getting chased by an axe murderer, then I'm a goner, and to just leave me as bait.

    ReplyDelete