Sunday, February 26, 2012

Insanity Day 1 (Plyometric Cardio Circuit)

Unless you have been living under a rock, then I am sure that mostly everyone has heard of Insanity with Shaun T. 


J.D. and I purchased Insanity last year. We got three weeks into the program until he couldn't do it anymore because of his back and knees, and I, who have never had a single knee problem, had to stop too because it was killing my knees. It was extremely disheartening.

I am a competitive person by nature, and when we started doing Insanity, I wanted to go and push and look just like the people in the video. I did...for the first day. Then my thighs hurt so bad that I could hardly walk up and down the stairs without crying. Eventually we worked beyond that, but it scared me. Then towards the end of those three weeks, my knees were constantly popping; they even buckled a few times. That scared me even more. I knew that Insanity was a cardio, high intensity, and high impact workout, but I never dreamed that it would but so much stress on my body. So we stopped, and I never looked back because I was afraid to hurt myself again. I was scared to agitate my knees. And, at the time, I was too weak to do the workout without J.D.

Today I did day 1 of Insanity all over again. But I took what I learned from Julian and Bodyrock, and I modified some of the workouts to fit me. Also, I played my own music, and beyond remembering the workout routines, I didn't watch the T.V. because I didn't want to get caught up in the video and over do it.

I know how to lose weight. A few summers ago I went from 160 to 138. I went back up to school and have been between 155 and 150 ever since. I never forgave myself back making all that progressing and then throwing it all away. Because I know how to eat right and workout, I think that I have this mentality that, "I can lose weight anytime." This is unhealthy because it is an excuse not to workout and not to eat right, and then in turn, not take care of my body. Also, because I know how to lose weight and I know how to work out, I want to go all out. Do the video. Run 5 miles. Eat super healthy. I don't give myself time to adjust, and in turn, I hurt myself. Then I get discouraged and don't end up working out because I can't.

This time I was smart. I am a good kind of sore today. I am not hurt at all. I ate healthy. Maybe I can get back on track. I want to lose the weight. I want to be happy with how I look, especially with my wedding being in November. If I don't lose the weight, I will hate everything about the wedding. I need to make this happen. I need to be healthy and smart and not over do it. (And this is really hard to admit, I do have a problem. I do go over board. I hurt myself. I find excuses). This time will hopefully be different. I know that I need to keep myself accountable, but it is hard doing this by myself. Cheers to trying to do the right thing for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment