Saturday, February 11, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day Early

First off there is nothing worse than to be out fighting throngs of pre-adolescent toddlers and ancient lover birds on February 14th for tables, parking spaces, and quality service (which is unheard of on V-day). Service of any kind is non-exsistance on the 14th. The servers basically throw the food at you, and it is usually cold, dry, or fuzzy. Which makes for an overall unpleasant experience.

Because of these unavoidable situations, I never ever go out on Valentine's Day. EVER. Knowing this, J.D. decided that it would be best for us to celebrate this weekend. We got all dressed up and snappy looking.

Proof of the before mentioned snappiness. 

Before we left, he gave me a gift. Something so special and so perfect that I had one of those moments. A moment so wonderful deep in my heart that I knew I would be telling my children about it one day. The kind of moment that lets you know that you are right where you are supposed to be. It is a throbbing stillness that shakes the walls around you and brings tears to your eyes. It was an impossible moment that I have only ever seen poorly acted out in the movies. Usually a moment that involves an Easy Bake Oven that Mr. Perfect finds and the fair and lovely female lead is swept off her feet.

Well, my Mr. Perfect found the elusive childhood toy of my dreams. The one that I always wanted. The one that I always hoped I would get. The one that I brought up once to J.D. many moons ago, and today was the day that I got it!

The Kissing Simba and Nala Lion King stuffed animals with magnets in their noses/mouths? 

This man has my heart more fully than any other person in the entire world.
Once all the screaming and smooching was over we left for Olive Garden. Were we got some to die for food.

J.D.'s yummy food. 
My Seafood Alfredo.
 (He also bought me a bottle of my favorite type of wine. He is SUCH a good man.)

I gave him the crafty I-love-you gift that I made him. I'm sure most everyone has seen it around. I modeled the design after the original, and I designed it on my silhouette machine, printed it off, stuck it on the back of a deck of cards, punched 104 holes, and bound them together. Also, don't forget the 52 reasons why I love J.D. and that would be my gift.



Here are a few of the reasons that I included.


I got this dress on modcloth.com. Isn't it wonderful?
I also wanted to include a view from the back of my dress. 
LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!  
LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! 

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet present!! And you look hot in that awesome dress, happy v-day!

    ReplyDelete